The advantage of shopping with Verte Mode is that each Sustainable Product and Service has already passed the highest industry standards. With those high bars, you’re not left guessing. In addition to what products must have and must not, we use a series of icons indicating what’s in (or not in) a product.
We also use a Proprietary rating system so we can clarify and give recognition to model Products and Services. You can shop with confidence while matching personal ethical standards, too. Exemplary products showcase any or all of the following 7 Metrics you see below.
Each month, Verte Mode also features one outstanding product or artisan who best demonstrates Verte Mode’s 7 Metrics for Marketplace Product Standards. It’s one planet, one future, right? That’s why we advocate for the consumer and every step along the journey, cradle to cradle.
1. SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS. Verte Mode looks for documentation of Material Health, such as sustainable, traceable sourcing for healthy, regenerative materials processing, including renewable energy, water, and land stewardship.
2. THIRD-PARTY CERTIFICATIONS. Verte Mode’s use of Third-Party Certifications Standards highlights worker conditions, educates consumers, and holds various organizations accountable, removing any additional greenwashing of products from resource extraction to use and the product’s end-of-life.
3. LOWER CARBON FOOTPRINT. We check Carbon Offsetting manufacturing practices that reduce the generation of CO2, Methane, and other greenhouse gases throughout the extraction, production, shipping, use, and discard cycles.
4. CORPORATE INTEGRITY. Proof of Corporate Integrity takes precedence, and whether the company exhibits various accountability, transparency, and stewardship practices internally, among employees, and externally, among consumers. Why? Because the internal decisions matter.
5. LIFECYCLE ASSESSMENTS. Verte Mode seeks evidence of Life Cycle Assessments, defining and systematically analyzing the potential environmental impacts of products or services throughout their entire life cycle, from the production, distribution, use, and disposal phases.
6. SOCIAL FAIRNESS. For Verte Mode, Social Fairness Standards must include prohibiting child and forced labor, providing living incomes, ensuring health and safety protections, and meeting or exceeding legal minimum requirements found within the communities or locales where they work.
7. COMMUNITY INITIATIVES. We make sure there’s proof of Current Initiatives, such as financial commitments or time contributions to sustainable, social, and environmental organizations resulting in support of public benefits, nonprofits.